Blic: The Largest Heroin Depot is in Kosovo

Published on August 14, 2006, FOCUS News Agency

Category: Organized Crime in Kosovo

The largest heroin depot is in Kosovo, says Dusan Bogosavlevic, director of the Anti-drugs department with the Serbian Office for Combating Organized Crime, Blic newspaper reports. Bogosavlevic explained that there were three different roads for drugs.

"Cocaine from South America reaches two destinations in Europe – Spain and Portugese Island. Then it is transferred to Western European countries", he explained. In his words cocaine from Spain arrives in Serbia and 20% of it remains there, while the rest 80% goes to Italy, Germany, etc.

Bogosavlevic stresses that there were two ways for distribution of heroin – one from Afghanistan through Turkey, and the other - from Afghanistan through the countries from the former Soviet Union to Western Europe. Marihuana is the third kind of drugs that is distributed on Serbian market from Albania through Skadarsko Lake and Montenegro.

Related Articles: